Data breaches due to malicious or criminal attacks are increasing in frequency and in remediation cost. It is no longer a question of “if” a cyber attack will occur, but “when”. Costs are not only limited to detection and eradication, but also include the cost of lost business due to diminished consumer confidence in company operations. With company reputations and budgets on the line, organizations who prioritize information security planning and related defenses are ensuring that they not only survive an attack, but continue to thrive.
Mocato’s information security and forensic specialists use an interdisciplinary and holistic approach when developing information security strategies. We use assessments and analysis to help our clients build proactive governance, planning and tools which support responsive information security processes. The cornerstone of this work is the incident response plan (IRP).
Why develop an Incident Response Plan?
An updated and tested IRP can provide a number of benefits to your organization:
- Be prepared in advance to respond to common and not so common threats through investigation, analysis and training.
- Develop a clear idea of the root causes of a cyber attack and discover the full extent of the data breach.
- Minimize impacts due to data breach on your legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Reduce financial damages associated to loss of reputation and operational disruption.
- Ensure proper evidence gathering in anticipation of possible litigation.
- Enhance company communications and documentation methodologies.
- Improve the existing IRP and company processes using post-incident analysis and follow-up.
We are passionate about helping companies develop security architecture that fits their organizational and operational requirements. Contact us if you would like to hire Mocato assess or develop your incident response plan.